Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How Many Points in a Tear?

Hi! Much neglect, and the same story as always - life just seems to get in the way of my blog. There could be worse things, I guess.

Work has been very hectic, and I am learning that when you are in sales, the end of the month is brutal. 'Nuff said.

The new house adventure is progressing nicely. We are closing in May, and are planning (so long as things work the way they should) to move in over Labor Day weekend. The house is closer to all the important things in life, so I am looking forward to it. Looking forward to the extra minutes of sleep living closer to everything in life will afford me.

On the "lose weight, feel great" front, I have started doing Weight Watchers. Yup...I know. I have mentioned them in the past, and I am pretty sure that I wouldn't try them, as they require that I do math. How many points is that? How many points have I eaten? And so on.

But...my brother and sister-in-law have been doing WW and have had great results. Visible results. So, currently, if you run into me at Publix it is likely that I will be staring at the Nutrition Facts on something, or typing numbers into my handy-dandy WW calculator (yes, I have a calculator specifically designed for figuring out points, thanks to my sis-in-law).

As much as I want to hate this diet, it is already working, and I am not starving myself - I actually eat more, just healthier. So updates shall be forthcoming, I'm sure.

I plan to post again before the month ends...

Current Mood: Sleepy, slightly stressed, and a bit teary from watching children in Africa, but otherwise suprisingly at peace

Currently Listening to: Elvis and Celine Dion duet...weird. In other news, what was the big deal about Elvis? Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like him?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's a bit geeky of me, but I love the idea of a WW calculator.

I'm excited about your new house too!!

amber said...

I know...I act like I hate it. But I am constantly whipping it out and figuring out how many "points" is in everything.

And I can't wait for you to come see the new place (once we are in it)!

Anonymous said...

una nueva casa! cool...and THIS time, you'll be able to stay in it for a good while-yay!
And WOO-HOO on the WW thing!! it WORKS!!!!!!!!!! I, too, am on it again, after learning that post-nica life has packed on pounds, egad...all the best and have fun counting!!!--J.

Anonymous said...

hey cutie! Congrats on many fronts, the house, the resolve to watch those points, and on the prospect of more sleep. I've been doing a low fat/high fiber/tons o' veggies diet. who knew, eat less excercise more works. :) or in my case, not eat everything in sight, and walk occasionally. - E