Monday, January 29, 2007

New Addition

Since the cat count in our home had dwindled down to one (Sasha and Bink are both gone), we decided a few weeks ago that the remaining cat, Elliot, needed a friend. So after spending an afternoon visiting many a shelter, we decided on a 4 month old kitten named Oliver.

Oliver's extremely soft spotted coat made me curious, so after a little research, I discovered that he is a Bengal. In reading more about his breed, it seems that many agree that these cats show a lot of doglike qualities.

One of these qualities that Oliver (we still have not determined if that is going to be his permanent name - feel free to recommend...) shows that is very doglike is his love of fetch. His favorite thing to do is chase a rolled up piece of paper, pick it up, bring it to one of us, then wait for the throw. Then it starts all over again. It would probably get old if he wasn't so cute.

I'll have to take a picture someday soon, but until then, he looks a lot like this.


In other news, I popped a rib on Friday. (Yup, again.) Fortunately, I went to the chiropractor first thing this time and that managed to keep me from experiencing the same level of pain I had last time (Dr. Levine is the best!). Under doctor's orders, I went in for a massage before my adjustement today.

Every day should begin like today - listen to Steve Harvey on the way in to work, get a massage, then get to the office at about 9:30. Just as productive, but in a much better mood. I highly recommend it.

Currently Watching: Scrubs
Current Mood: Relaxed
Words of Wisdom for the Day: "Don't jump from the fish grease to the chicken grease..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

faux toes... por favor. :)

amber said...

Phoentics R' fun!

Anonymous said...

How about Fetch for a name?

the

Anonymous said...

What an adorable cat. I can't wait to see actual pictures and wish I could meet him. Hey... you should post some video too! :)

Anonymous said...

COOL CAT! So...
i guess this means your bird-pet-days are still further in the future, eh?
--J & S