Friday, January 19, 2007

Funny Girl

Last night I was talking with two youngs girls, young enough to (sadly) be my own kids. (Frightening, eh?) While I joked with them about whatever silliness we were discussing, one of them informed me of the following:

"You are a funny girl adult."

To which I responded:

"Better than being a funny boy adult."

I then asked if it was a bad thing to be a funny girl adult. I was informed that it was not bad, just strange. Evidently, there are many funny boy adults in this world, but when girls become adults, they become serious. They tell you stories about purses and clothes and while they may laugh, they are NOT funny. They agreed that a funny girl adult is something they like, but they had to think about it, since it hadn't come up before.

I was happy to hear that I can be counted among such a small minority. And sad to hear that as a gender, we are so dull to be around.

Listening to: Hints by Jose Gonzalez
Current Mood: HUNGRY...and I was going to order food, because food cooked and brought to me is the best kind of food when I am starving, but the place is not answering the phone. Curse them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with them. You are a Funny Girl Adult. You deserve an engraved charm that just has FGA in curly letters... we'll all know what it stands for.
HUGS, E
P.S. I don't talk about purses, but I love shoes... I've crossed to the dark side.