Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Newbie

So I realized that I mentioned in an earlier post that I was excited that there would be a new little person in my life. I neglected to go back and clarify that this new little person is my oldest brother's first kid, a little boy. They've yet to pick out a name, although we for some reason refer to him as Vladmir when talking about him (my brother programmed his wife's cell phone number in my phone as "Mom o'Vlad").

We threw a baby shower for them when they last visited a few weeks ago, which was great fun. Being that they live in Philly, we all felt the need to be sure that the baby was clothed solely by us for the next two years, or so it would appear by the massive amounts of clothes and shoes they went back with.

Mom o'Vlad recently posted on her blog about the baby kicking my brother in the face, which made me a proud aunt. I already think this kid is awesome and he isn't even out yet.

She is due in March, so I can not wait to meet him. With the parents he has, he is bound to be the smartest and funniest baby ever.

Babies are so cool (when you aren't the one having them :) ).


Listening to: Jackson Cannery by Ben Folds Five
Current Mood: Optimistic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your "in your face" eomment on SIL's blog. Too Funny!