Friday, August 05, 2005

Hot and Cold

So I think that I may have come down with something. I have been coughing all morning, headachey, and my neck feels really stiff. As of this moment, the day's activities have consisted of video games, laying on the couch, watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off (and reviving my long time crush on Matthew Broderick), more laying on the couch, and then passing by the mirror to see how fantastic I look in sweatpants and fuzzy pink robe.

Fantastic? While feeling miserable? Yes. That would be thanks to my new haircut. I tried my sister's stylist this week, after failing at finding someone closer to where I live. I have to say, the man is well worth the drive. After all, the test of a truly great haircut is what it looks like when it dries naturally while you are lying down. Usually, scary things happen to even the best of hair when subjected to this level of testing. However, I can assure you that if I were to change into something more suitable than the pink fuzzy robe and some lipgloss I would be ready for a night on the town.

This is the hair that epic tales are made of.

Well, maybe not quite epics. But it was definitely deserving of a blog.

(Sidethought: In this age of technology, where we have developed all sorts of new vocabulary (i.e. blogging, im-ing, etc...) I began to worry that someone might read the word "epic" and think I meant e-pic, like a picture you send via the internet. You laugh, but try reading most adolescents blogs. Completely new set of vocabulary I tell you. And now I sound old.)


Listening to: Narcolepsy by Ben Folds
Current Mood: Sickened by the slow demise of the English language. Or it could be the flu. You pick.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Amber,

Just wanted to commiserate with you. I am sick with whatever it is that you have (although my hair is NOT fantastic to balance things out!) Hope you are feeling better soon. I've still been reading your blog. Highly entertaining!
Take care,
Jessica

amber said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick...hope that you get well soon! How is everything else?

Anonymous said...

great hair is better than chocolate for making a girl feel better about her lot in life.

congrats on the new do. maybe you should post an e-pic. :)

Anonymous said...

great hair is better than chocolate for making a girl feel better about her lot in life.

congrats on the new do. maybe you should post an e-pic. :)

Anonymous said...

PICTURES!!!

:)

jad3

amber said...

I'll see what I can do about a picture (you folks can be awfully demanding sometimes! :) )