Thursday, August 04, 2005

Everything in Balance

I haven't written in a while, so I was trying to come up with something to write about, to be sure that you all know I am not dead.

Nothing to exciting has been going on here...working out (yes, fairly regularly again), shopping, playing video games...that's about it.

So instead of writing about what is going on, I thought I would take a moment out to send some positive thoughts out there by talking about some of the things I am really grateful for having.

- A family that I not only love, but also like. I love spending time with my brothers and sisters. They are the funniest people I know, and I never have to worry about who I am around them. My mom calls me to go shopping with her. Even though it may take her an hour to pick out a set of silverware, we have fun doing it. My mother is probably largely responsible for my high cell phone bill. My dad calls me if we haven't talked in a few days, just to see how I am. We spent 8 hours in the car together in one weekend and weren't sick of each other by the end of it. My father saying he is proud of me is all it takes to make me cry.

- Wonderful friends. I have a network of friends that time and distance have no effect on. We can always pick up right where we left off, no matter how long its been since we last spoke. My friends are great listeners and never judge. They always seem to know what needs to be said, and how it needs to be said for me to actually hear it. My friends are also truly good people. In a world that is sorely lacking in that area, I am very fortunate to know so many.

- My spiritual heritage. I am glad that my parents brought me up with a desire to know about God and the bible, and discover my faith for myself. In a society where religion is frowned upon by many, often time with good reason, I am glad that I have such a strong backing in and understanding of my own faith. It gives me hope and has helped and continues to help me to lead a good life.

At this point I was thinking of writing about the things I am not thankful for (like crappy radio DJs for example), but I decided instead just to be positive for today.

That, and one of the cats keeps putting herself between me and the keyboard.


Listening to: My Last Breath by Evanescence
Current Mood: mellow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post.

in a world where sarcasm is the best defense, and where we have to have a thick skin to survive, it's Really nice to read sincere gratitude.

amber said...

Awww...thanks...whoever you are.