Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A post!!

Hi all....

Man. I haven't written in awhile. At least not here.

I was reading J's blog and decided to fill this thingy out:

1. Seven things to do before I die:
- Visit Scotland
- Write a book (working on it!!!)
- Publish a book
- Write a screenplay
- Work at a job I REALLY love (almost did that...but not quite)
- Learn at least one other language
- Write some more

2. Seven things I cannot do:
- keep my mouth shut when people make close-minded statements
- ignore my health issues anymore
- watch Katie Couric (bah!)
- listen to people smack when they eat
- keep my car clean
- keep my closet organized
- watch Oprah without yelling at my TV

3. Seven things that attract me to... [people]:
- Sense of humor (preferably a slightly abnormal one)
- Honesty
- Open-minded
- fierce loyalty
- intelligence (not necessarily in the traditional sense)
- creativity
- hmmmm.....one more.....people who can put up with me :)

4. Seven things I say most often:
- And your point would be?
- No.
- Thank you for calling....
- Seriously
- Ya' think?
- Yello.
- Hot.

5. Seven books (or series) that I love (strong word - I would say really enjoyed):
- A Confederacy of Dunces
- several books by Orson Scott Card I can't remember the names of
-The Otherland series by Tad Williams
-The Pigeon books (see last entry.....so awesome)
-The Myst series (gift from my husband when we were dating)
-
-(here is where I realize that I desperately need to read something......)

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
- Ever After
- Sliding Doors
- Any movie with John Cusack and Jeremy Piven in it
- You've Got Mail
- The Court Jester
-
-

7. Seven people I want to join in (fill this out), too:
- Lori
- Eden
- Dee
- Crystal
- Tamara and Lindsey
- Joe and Sara
- Anyone else who feels so compelled..... :)

I tried to fill this out of the top of my head - so I may make some changes/additions to it when I have had time to think about it.

And one of these days I will write a real entry (most of my writing time has been going towards the above mentioned book...)

Listening to: Silence by Kate Earl (love this chick's voice, and she sang with Damien Rice at a concert, so that earns her bonus points) AND I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
Current Mood: Tired! Off to bed.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You left a note on my blog about tv shopping...a site that has helped me a ton is avsforum.com. I researched for 4 months :) The new one is...

Sony 60inch SXRD :) It gets here next week!!

tenth letter of the alphabet

Anonymous said...

well, m'dear, the comment section would get way bogged down if i tried to fit it all in. so I'll hit some tops of the tops.
Must Do:Live in a Spanish Speaking country for six months
Can't Do: Get any younger or get any less sleep
Movies: Strictly Ballroom, A river runs through it, Chariots of Fire.
Books: Bel Canto, Anything Rosmund Pilcher, Oranges by John McPhee, Tin Tin cartoon books.
Attractive Qualities: appreciation for my bizarre sense of humor, Trustworthiness, a good voice.
OOPS... i think i went ahead and maxed this thang out. :) i'll skip the email. Eden

Anonymous said...

hmmm...7 things? well in accord w/ Eden, I'm hitting the highlights:
Must Do: start being nicer, read my bible daily (thats a life goal),
Can't Do: Shut my mouth when I should, pretend to be something I'm not.
Movies: Italian Job, 13 going on 30, Batman Begins, so many so little space
Books: Pride & Prejudice, Count of Monte Cristo, Phantom of the Opera,
Attractive Qualities: definitely sense of humor! Loyalty. thats all...I can fit in here. DEE

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry, meant to do this before, but I have been so busy. Since space is limited, I'll do the top two.

7 things to do before I die: 1) think before I react and conversely, react without having to think so much, 2) have children, 3) take a photography darkroom class, 4) take a photography composition class, 5) travel to India, 6) travel to Africa, 7) start up a research program in Japan

7 things I cannot do: 1) be really angry without crying, 2) not ask why, 3) go to bed at a reasonable hour, 4) be on time, 5) manage my time, ... hm, there are so many things I "don't" do, but "can't" do? Not sure... :)

Anonymous said...

1. Seven things to do before I die:
- Travel outside the USA
- Finish my book and get it published
- Find Paris Hilton and slap her
- Make a rap album
- Learn sign language
- Design a line of clothing that fits normal people
-eat lobster

2. Seven things I cannot do:
- tell people off
- watch the Real World or Road Rules
- not giving in to raod rage
- listen to people smack when they eat
- pretend to like people when I dont
- go to baby showers
- stop making fun of home school people that get class rings

3. Seven things that attract me to... [people]:
- generous
- Honesty
- got my backness
- humor like, daria humor
- people that like Gilmore Girls
- healthy eaters
- street smarts

4. Seven things I say most often:
- true story
- i mean....
- Seriously
- retard
- probably misses his old glasses
- Do IT

5. Seven books (or series) that I love (strong word - I would say really enjoyed):
- Baby Sitter's Club
I got nothing!

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Sliding Doors
- Houseguest
- Napolean Dynamite
- The Terminal
- Sister Act 2
- You've got mail I LOVE IT!!!
What is wrong with me!!