Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Waxing Quixotic

My quest is over. I have finally found an aesthitician to wax my brows who neither scares me, nor forces me to have tiny white girl eyebrows. I may have scared her a bit with my enthusiasm. ("You are my NEW BROW LADY! I am so happy...") But really, it is good news for me. Those of you out there who get anything waxed with regularity know it's true.

After my already euphoric experience of having my brows properly shaped with little pain involved, I was led to a dimly lit room for my massage appointment. If there was one luxury in life I could have constantly at my disposal, I believe it would be a good massage therapist. ("What? Not a brow waxer?" --No, that is a necessity folks, not a luxury)

The therapist did a lovely job, and even explained that I seem to have the beginnings of tendonitis - all those hours in front of the computer - and recommended some therapy to eliminate some of that pain I have been experiencing in my wrists.

I also need to soak my calves. I let her believe it was from my intense workout regimen. More likely it comes from driving a stick and living on the third floor.

Work was busy today, but had its enjoyable moments. My boss was explaining to our engineers some business principles. He used the idea of a scoutmaster trying to get the whole troop to a destination. How do you keep them together? By putting the fastest kids in the back and the slowest at the front. You also give the faster kids more stuff to carry.

Later in the day, I received an e-mail from one of the engineers asking me to take care of a task. So I responded:

"This must be what *boss' name* meant by the "fast kids" carrying the supplies on the hike. Guess I must be a fast kid, fatty. "

Name calling like that is what makes you well liked by your peers.

I am hoping to get some more writing accomplished this weekend. There is a writer's conference in New York in April that I was thinking about attending, but I feel I need to have a solid amount of work done to make it worthwhile. (This would be in addition to the whichever conference we make it to in the fall, L, so no worries, I am not ditching you.)

And that is all...

Favorite thing overheard in a Starbucks this week:
"Organic! Well....woooooo....fancy." -- local businessman in reaction to my latte with organic milk

Listening to: J watching Whose Line Is It Anyway
Current Mood: still relaxed (although I originally wrote "relazed" which, while not a real word, may be more accurate)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a brow waxer you can trust... that's right up there with a good dentist!

Seems I have some "fatty"s in my office too. Glad to have a new analogy when i picture them calling in sick, and giving me their work! grrrr... or as Shadow used to say
mmmmmmmmrrrrrrOOOWOWOWOOWWW!!!