Friday, November 04, 2005

Picture Time!

There was a request by one of my many adoring fans (ha!) for recent photos of me. Being that I just finished dying my hair and it is all freshly styled, I figured this was as good a time as any.

And by good I mean terrible.

I hate having my picture taken. Hate hate hate. Sometimes I wish I was a member of one of those tribes who believe your soul is stolen when someone takes a photo of you. Then anytime someone goes to take my photo I can yell "SOUL STEALER!" and shake my fist at them. That would keep the picture taking to a minimum.

But because I love my "fans", I will set my vanity aside. And curse you all under my breath.

As an introduction, here is my poor husband, the "expert photographer" for the evening, who was coerced into taking about 100 photos before I could be convinced that I do not look like a cow in every one. He is a patient, patient man. Bless him. Him, and his David Brent-like pose.




"This is what it must be like to work with supermodels," he mused.

Of course, if I was going to be subjected to a series of photos, there would have to be quality mirror time. The expression on my face made it clear that I was not satisfied with how I looked, and yet my photographer insisted on taking this photo.



He felt it humanized me. It's important to be just like one of my adoring fans. They need to know that I have bad hair days too. Bad hair days and a messy closet.


The philosophy behind this shot? Everyone looks pretty blurry.




I like to share my dreams with my adoring fans as well. Take a close look at the following shot and you will see that I dream of...

...toilet paper. Perhaps my daydreaming is a good explanation for the lazy eye in this shot as well.

When I am not dreaming about Charmin softness, I enjoy a good cup of tea.


I also think about the "I'm a little teapot..." rhyme, and how it is so true. Short and stout. I really must get back to the gym.


And then I am back to the computer, talking to all of you again. My photographer is a fan of extreme closeup.

My pores and double chin are not.


And of course, a photo of me and my photographer.

(Actually, I love this accidental shot. The little bit of his silvery hair, pinky hued skin and blue eye(s), nexy to my olive skin, chocolate hair* and eyes just looks cool. The description of myself also makes me hungry.)


So now you have very up to date photos of us. Autographed copies will be made available for a nominal fee.


Listening to: I Was Meant for the Stage by The Decemberists
Current Mood: goofy

*did you notice that the dye/cut job did not turn out tragically? I, too, am shocked.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great series. Love the commentary.

Anonymous said...

These are FANDANGO!!!!! Your comments are hilarious, but wrong, especially the pores thing. Whatever. Talk to someone who actually has pores, like me. But I understand the dreaming of Charmin softness.
LOVE!
Lori

amber said...

Welcome to the beauty of digital photography...even a neophyte can make things look a lot better than they are :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pics, I love the color & bangs by the way. I really like the accidental shot the best. I never really noticed before what color eyes Jaycel has.

Dee

Malnurtured Snay said...

Is he always so ... blue?

Anonymous said...

I must say that even though you hate your looks like most people do in pictures, those came out really cute. Having to really look at the pictures with a photographer's eye (well, in pretend), I forget how cute you are sometimes. I guess I will need to take more pictures of you! :-)
- Jaycel

amber said...

He is not always so blue - that was some kind of accident as my browser crashed when I was loading the picture. I was going to edit it, but then I thought, hey, that looks kinda cool.

And I thought, hey, I am too lazy to change it now :).

Anonymous said...

I think its retarded when man and wife are posting comments to each other on the wife's blog, putting cute little emoticons like :) or ;) or ;P - or @------}--- .

KEEP IT AT HOME!

amber said...

I hate it when sister's of the writer pose as the sister-in-law.

SNITCHES! :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I was really trying to figure out who that sister-in-law could be... it didn't quite match up. :)