Saturday, December 03, 2005

Post Trip

I'm back!!

Actually, I have been back since Monday night, but the hectic week of work I returned to tired me out, so I haven't had much time to update the blog.

Even now, I don't have much time, but I thought I owed it to you all to at least let you know how the trip was.

Having never been anywhere in Latin America, I wasn't completely sure what to expect. Our friends who moved there this past summer have been telling us bits and pieces, but it was definitely something to experience for ourselves.

Nicaragua is a very poor country. While we were amazed at how inexpensive things were by American standards, we were equally suprised at how expensive some items were when you take into account how much people there are able to make.

It is wonderful to see how giving and kind many people we met were, despite how little they had.

In addition to meeting a lot of wonderful people, we got to see volcanoes, boiling mud pits, and eat lots of yummy food.

I know, more detail should be here. Perhaps I will have a chance to write more later. For now, I leave you with a few pics...more to come....

No comments: