Thursday, December 22, 2005

Today's Observations

This morning I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to get an Egg and Cheese croissant and some donuts for my coworkers. Being that it was a chilly morning and I did not sleep too well last night, I decided a coffee was in order as well. As I pulled up to the drive thru window to accept my goods, the girl handed me my coffee cup and the sleeve for it. Not the sleeve over the cup, just with the cup. I wondered if Dunkin' Donuts' training program had forgotten to include an explanation of what the sleeve is for, and the importance of it actually being AROUND the cup, rather than next to it. I pondered this while my hand was seared in the distance from the window to my cup holder...

A woman driving on the wrong side of the parking lot was visibly angry with me for being in her way. In her way because I had the nerve to be driving on the correct side of the parking lot. Her Christmas ornament earrings swayed back and forth as she spewed forth what I am sure must have been holiday greetings in my direction. I watched in my rearview as her Jesus-fish tagged SUV fumbled out onto the highway...

On the drive home, a man on a motorcycle caught my eye, as he zipped down the road in shorts. His legs, his very large legs, were beet red from the cold wind that slapped them as he rode. His shorts had ridden up from a combination of his girth and the wind to an almost obscene height. As we neared a red light, I watched as he gave car passengers next to him the "nod of acknowledgement". I couldn't decide if I envied his level of confidence, or if it supported my belief that too much confidence was a dangerous thing. He then shot snot out of his nose, making my decision far easier...


Listening to: Out of L.A. by Jude
Current Mood: contemplative
Currently Contemplating: personality disorders and the purchase of a domain name

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant delightful morning reading. Hugs, E