Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Weekend at the Beach

Two weeks ago, we went away with a good portion of the family (both older brothers, their families, and my parents) to Don Pedro Island for a little relazing. (yes, not a word. Deal.)

The trip mostly entailed laying on the beach, taking photos, and hanging with my incredibly adorable nephew:

Posted by Picasa

Seriously, I know I am partial, but you really can not deny the cuteness that is Squeakles...

Posted by Picasa
There are about a million photos of him on my computer now, so I'll go ahead and move on to beach photos before I get carried away...

I loved the texture of this grass (?)...


..and I am not exactly sure WHAT this is, but there were several of them lying around on the beach...


...and this is probably one of my favorite shell pictures. Although, it did involve laying on my stomach, and probably did not do me any good in staying away from the no-see-um's that ate me alive on the trip.

Fortunately, having my sister in law along was nice, since she did not think I was crazy for taking photos of practically everything I saw.




What would taking photos at the beach be without a proper sunset?



And maybe ONE more picture of Squeakles...

This is one of my favorites. It reminds me of a photo of my mom with me as a baby. So peaceful.

Entries that are predominantly photos still count. Shush.

Listening to: nothing!
Current Mood: nice

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that posts w/ photos count. In fact I'm partial to them, since it allows me to see what people are up to since I don't live close. So post more photos please!! Can I ask...why Squeakles?

amber said...

Ok - "Anonymous" - (which anonymous are you??)

Squeakles is from when he was younger. Before he was making more distinct sounds he made wonderful little squeaks. So Squeakles stuck. :)

Anonymous said...

"relazing"...cool word.
ahh, the beach...
...we have plenty of 'beach' here in AZ--mucho sand, but not much agua...

amber said...

Relazing is one of my current fav made up words. It goes beyond simple relaxing.

Hective is also a favorite - and more accurately describes my current stats.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. I mean, of course, I love the Squeakles pictures. :) But I really like your beach pictures too!

And of course, I also like posts with pictures.