Friday, February 18, 2005

The Agony and the Ecstasy

Day 4 of my made up diet plan. I arrived at the gym at 5:45 after consuming a slice of whole wheat bread (I discovered after Day 1 of working out that exercising on an empty stomach early in the morning results in great pains and dizziness). I spent 37 minutes on the elliptical (my normal amount of time is 20 minutes) and then did a series of exercises for the side and back fat (otherwise known as the unwanted pieces of meat that bulge out of an ill-fitting bra). Then some time on the arms and calves. Watched in shame as the Sharon Osbourne look-a-alike at my gym kicked my workout's butt. Got home to see that the man (not to be confused with "The Man") has made me breakfast - sign that he must approve of the working out kick.

Three out of the four days on the plan have been early morning gym days. How do I feel? At the moment, it hurts when I laugh, bend, and/or sneeze. BUT, I do feel more energetic, my already low riding pants seem to be riding lower, and I have a sense of accomplishment.

Yes. Three days at the gym gives me a sense of accomplishment.

For those of you who don't know, I have trouble committing to anything. I inevitably miss any kind of regular appointment to do anything. I have never stuck with a hobby for more than a few weeks (which is why I know a leeetle bit about a lot of different things). I read books voraciously, not beacuse they are interesting, but for fear I will give up before I am done. I get bored with things very quickly. If my husband hadn't been so determined, I would probably still be single. So yes, I am happy about my three days.

Of course, I could easily drop this new routine like I do with everything else. Which is why I am writing about it here, so there is some form of accountability. So stay on me people! (Dee, you especially, cause you looked hot last time I saw you...my jealousy of your newly acquired extra-hotness is a great motivator :) )


Mood: suprisingly energetic for pre-10 a.m.
Listening to: Delicate by Damien Rice

No comments: