Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Catch Up

Sorry I have not been updating as regularly as I usually do. Things have been a bit busy, and I have been more than a bit tired.

I also haven't worked out in a week. I know, I know. I was doing so good. I will get back to it this week. I promise.

My sister's wedding shower was Saturday. It went nicely. I think there were more gifts there than people. There were no cheesy shower games, just people eating, chatting, and watching her and her fiancee' open gifts. There were a few people missing that were invited but never RSVP'd. I think that people lack courtesy these days. When you plan a sizable event, there are a lot of expenses involved. When people just don't bother to show up, it irks me. It also bothers me that people who my sister saw fit to include couldn't be bothered to at least make a phone call saying they couldn't be there. It's rude and ungrateful. But enough ranting. There were many lovely people there, who made the shower a nice place to be. Two of the bridesmaids in particular made the shower beautiful (and delicious!) and it couldn't have gone as well without them. You ladies are awesome.

Sadly, the following day I was attacked by my own uterus. (If you are not female and very easily grossed out, you may want to stop reading.)

I have been getting the world's worst cramps for the past 6-9 months. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, I think I am dying. No exagerration. I can't say that I have ever experienced pain so excruciating that it renders me immobile. I pass the time either lying in a bath of warm water, curled in the fetal position, or on my bathroom floor. Screaming, crying, and whimpering are not uncommon. When the pain finally eases (which can be anywhere from one to three hours away) I am so weak that all I can do is lie down.

This time I remembered that I still had some of an earlier mentioned prescription that usually renders me senseless, so I took it early on in the agony. This restricted the pain to a shorter period of time thankfully, and I spent most of the remainder of the day sleeping or lying down.

Now that this has happened to me several times, I have this horrible fear every month of what might happen. It's a terrible feeling not knowing whether or not you may be incapacitated one day a month.

Equally terrible are well meaning friends telling you what might be wrong with you. Don't get me wrong - I like to be well informed and I think it is useful to be aware of the different maladies that I may be afflicted with, so I know what to ask when I go to the doctor. But things like uterine fibroids and endometriosis just don't sound all that fun.

I am better now, but really tired this week. I have a feeling I will be tired for a while to come. Lindsey's wedding is in one month, so I will be keeping busy.

Current Mood: hungry
Listening to: Linger by The Cranberries (aww...high school memories...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how everyone sidestepped commenting on the "cramp-blog". :)