Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Earnest Goes To Camp

So, so tired....

I regret to inform you all that the busy events of the past several weeks (and the weeks to come) have exhausted me to the point of not getting back to my workout routine. The best of intentions are there, but it has yet to transpire. I need a kick in the butt.


Among the things keeping me busy is the search for a new home. We have just been renting an apartment since we got here in December, an apartment that I dislike. The community is terribly disorganized, so nothing ever gets done. Our downstairs neighbors smoke on their porch about 20 times a day (that's not really an exaggeration) which means that we have to run and close our porch door everytime we hear their's open. I think I am developing emphysema from their second hand smoke. Basically, our little neighborhood sucks. So we have been eager to get out.

Last Friday I decided to make an appointment to see a little townhouse not too far from where we currently live. I had found it on craigslist.org (the same site we sold ours on, and the site that found me my job, among many other things) which meant no realtor to deal with, so it sounded promising. I fell in love with the place. It is close to everything that is important to me (Kingdom Hall, job, gym, favorite grocery store, book store, mall, and other assorted shopping places...) and it is very cute. The guy who is selling it has completed renovated the inside. It comes with some of the appliances - we would need to buy a new fridge, washer and dryer, but I am happy about this, since I have wanted to buy a particular fridge, washer and dryer for quite some time. I just love it. Even better, the hubby likes it too.

So yesterday, earnest money was put on the house and a contract was signed. As long as all goes smoothly with the closing, we will have a home at the end of May!

I am so excited! I will try to post some pictures later.

Listening to: Neon by John Mayer (one of my many crushes :) )
Current Mood: Aside from feeling like I am catching something, happy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Check out this CraigsList + googlemaps realty fun!

http://paulrademacher.com/housing/

jad3

amber said...

That is very cool! I am forwarding that to my boss for his real estate investing...