Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So Much To Say...

Hey everyone.

I have sat in front of my computer several times in this past week or so, thinking about what to say on the blog. A lot has gone on, so it seems that there would be a lot to talk about. But everytime I thought to sit down and talk about what was going on in my own life, it seemed so trivial when compared to what is going on in the Guf Coast.

I can't watch much media coverage anymore - maybe that's selfish, shielding myself from reality because it is depressing. Watching the interview with Aaron Broussard on Meet The Press or Kanye West going off script about how the media distorts what is going on in New Orleans, its all so heartbreaking.

We have felt the effects here with high gas prices and efforts to conserve energy. (Our local grovery store keeps some of the lights off in an effort to conserve). But none of that seems to matter much.

We are waiting to hear more about the efforts to rebuild that will be organized, and will be seeing if we can donate some of our time to go help.

It seems sad how so many have turned it into social commentary or a debate over politics. I have nothing particularly poignant or thought provoking to say about what has taken place. It just seems to emphasize to me more where we are in the stream of time, and how we need to really focus on the important things in life.

No comments: