Tuesday, May 17, 2005

After the Madness

I didn't think I could be more tired that I have been the weeks leading up to the wedding.

I was wrong.

Sunday was a very busy day, with all the beautifying that had to happen. My sister and the other bridesmaids looked beautiful as we left the hair salon, the first beauty stop of the day. I looked like I was on my way to my own quinceanera, which is not a good look for a 26 year old matron (ew, ugly word) of honor, so there was some frantic fixing of hair in the car. By time we made it to the house to get ready for our makeup time, the hair issue was no more.

Our makeup guy was wonderful. He did an amazing job on all of us. We liked him so much we made sure the photographer (who was with us while we got ready) got a shot of him with all of us ladies.

Then it was time to hop in the limo. The biggest limo ever. It was a stretch Navigator or Escalade or something. The five of us relaxed, had a little champagne, and then halfway to the wedding site realized that we had left our flowers in the kitchen at the house. So back we went. We were so close to actually being on time.

Finally we arrived at the site and took our walks down the 200 foot aisle, all hoping that we wouldn't trip with the sun in our eyes and the small slope in the middle of the aisle. As my dad walked Lindsey down the aisle they were smiling, and when they approaced the small slope they both threw their hands up like they were on a roller coaster.

My brother was the officiant and did a beautiful job. He made everyone laugh and unforunately managed to make everyone cry by the end. (Thanks to Steve's wonderful makeup job, no facial disasters ensued due to the tears.)

Then the entire bridal party (along with our three Seattle friends) hopped in the limo and went to Downtown Winter Garden to take photos.

We returned to the starving guests, made our entrances, and the bride and groom danced to "The Luckiest" and then the bridal party started to slow dance to Iron & Wine's version of "Such Great Heights" which was then mixed into the faster, peppier Postal Service version of the same song. It was fun and different and we all enjoyed it.

Then there was food, more pictures and more dancing.

It was a beautiful wedding, and a comfortable one. Hopefully I will have pictures to post very soon.

I would like to thank our all of our friends who were such a HUGE help in setting up and making this wedding go so smoothly. You guys made this an evening that Lindsey could really enjoy.

Despite throwing up on the side of the road on the way to her hotel :).

And to Lindsey - you were the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. Your pictures are going to be the hotness :).

See you when you get back from your honeymoon.


Current Mood: Tired tired tired tired tired!
Listening to: Wild Horses by The Sundays

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Question...

quinceanera?

Thanks :)

jad3

amber said...

Quinceanera, my dear white-bread friend takes place when a Latina girl turns 15. They have a big involved party. It symbolizes that they have become a woman (long ago it meant that she was ready to be married). I never had one, so I don't know all the details.

I just know they get all done up - and many of the girls I have seen have their hair plastered to their head - which is what mine was looking like initially. I had Puerto Rican prom hair. Not so much me.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...thank you for educating this uncultured idiot. I hope you got pictures before the drive by makeover, I need to understand what 'Puerto Rican' prom hair is...

Here in Texas I think the ladies have hair (those not from here) and Big Hair...those from here.

jad3

Anonymous said...

I HAD THE HOTTEST BRIDEMAIDS EVER!

CA CAW!

LINDZ