Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Wedding Flu

12 days until the wedding.

And the bride, father of the bride, sister-in-law of the bride, groomsman and husband to the matron of honor, and perhaps others (I haven't taken a count) all have some kind of illness.

A lot has been going around lately, this year's "flu season" never seemed to end. My sister joked at the last round that we must all be getting the bird flu. Then she would caw and make other assorted bird noises.

This time around she isn't so cheerful.

Last night she took some Claritin-D to help her feel better. She took two. Most medicines are taken in pairs, so she assumed this was the case with her box of Claritin. This however, was not the case. This particular drug is meant to be taken once in a 24 hour period. She called me a little while ago to let me know that she has been lying on her bathroom floor since 4 a.m. shaking and experiencing a faster than normal heartbeat. This does not sound like the way to get well.

Being that I have accidentally overdosed on many over the counter medications, I am sure she will survive with a lot of water, some food, and if necessary, some induced vomiting.

So I am going over there in a little bit to keep an eye on her, feed her some soup and water, and just make sure she survives the next few days.

Perhaps I should bring her some wedding soup.

Listening to: Beautiful Disaster by Kelly Clarkson
Current Mood: Dreading the inevitable - that I too will be victim to the wedding flu

No comments: