Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Hotness Plan Reborn

As you all could probably tell, my "lose 30 in 30" plan fell by the wayside with all the madness of the wedding. I did lose a substantial amount weight (15 pounds), but since I have not been able to keep up with my workout plan, I am sure I have probably gained a little back.

Starting Monday, I have new motivation for getting back on the plan.

There is a 95% chance I will run into the first guy I ever fell in love with (and the first guy who ever broke my heart) sometime in June. While this happened long ago, and it is a thing of the past, it is important that I look hot. Much like the sick joy mentioned here, there is something to be said for the feeling that results when you feel especially attractive around someone who made you feel far less than that.

What can I accomplish in three weeks? I am not sure. If nothing else, the regularity of working out does something for the mental state. You know it's good for you and has the potential to bring you closer to hotness, and sometimes just that mentality makes you feel more attractive. And I have learned that feeling more attractive actually affects how other people view you. The saying that confidence is sexy actually holds some validity.

So here I go again. Back to the gym.


Current Mood: Um..still tired. But feeling hotter already.
Listening to: Tiny Dancer by Elton John (remake by Ben Folds)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Amber Go! You already have the confidence thing in the bag. The workouts will give you the energy you need to be able to strut properly. Shoulders back, tummy in, head held high, just a little bit of a hip movement, then lean in and share a private joke with Jaycel. That'll teach him!

amber said...

That's right, suckers! :)
(I particularly like the "just a little bit of hip movement" ;) )