Monday, March 28, 2005

Pep Rally

I managed to get out of bed early this morning!

The past week I seemed to be suffering from sleep deprivation. The solution? Drugs.

I had a bad headache on Friday night so I took some of my medication. This time, I forced myself to stay up for several hours after I took it. The result? Saturday morning my husband thought I was dead. The alarm clock went off several times and I didn't move. I am a very light sleeper. I never let the alarm clock ring more than once. My husband leaned over me to shut it off and I didn't move. At all. He spoke to me. Still nothing. He nudged me a little. Nada. Finally, just as he was about to seriously panic, I let out a little sigh. Sighing means breathing. He then decided not to try to wake me anymore. If I was that knocked out he figured I must need to sleep. (He didn't realize I had taken my meds the night before. Note to self: inform others when taking medication)

I woke up sometime around noon Saturday, wondering why no one woke me. I still felt pretty dead, but by later that afternoon I felt much better.

I am thinking that perhaps those 12+ hours of sleep have helped me catch up a bit. So I made it to the gym this morning. I worked out a bit longer than usual and it actually felt really good. Now I am sitting sipping Gatorade and feeling unusually peppy for a Monday morning.

Peppy is a nice feeling.

Listening to: I'm Not That Girl by Idina Menzel (from "Wicked")
Current Mood: Ummm...peppy. Pay attention.

No comments: