Thursday, March 03, 2005

Turn on the Heat

It is freezing in my office. The heater is broken and has been since we started renting this place. Usually in Florida this wouldn't be much of an issue. But this would be the year that it's not already 80 degrees in March, like every other summer I have spent here. No. It would have to be cold and wet. I went to my gym during lunch and took advantage of their tanning facilities, in hopes that the fake sun would confuse my body into thinking it was warm. It worked for a short time, but now all warmth has escaped. Now I sit, in jeans and a sweatshirt, trying to figure out how to keep warm. I may have to resort to burning FedEx bills for warmth.

I have been instructed not to pay rent on our office space this month, since they have neglected to fix or even contact us about the heater. Since rent is due, well, today I believe, it should make for an interesting encounter with the property manager. And who said I was bored? Hmmm...the potential for drama in the near future is high.

Listening to: Tribute by Tenacious D
Current Mood: trying not to be miserable from the cold and a headache brought on by disguised red onions in my lunch

No comments: